Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bright Shining as the Sun

Hi all!

     I wasn't expecting to post today, but then I started poking around the geekier side of Pinterest and I came across this...


   Now I don't know about you all, but seeing the light of a star peeking up over a planet, while reading a passage about friendship and sacrifice calls to mind a story I once watched. (Once. Ha. That's a joke. I've watched The Wrath of Khan way more than once.)

    It also gets me thinking about how that story points back to the scripture. Laying our lives down for others isn't an instinct we're born with. In our humanity, we want to save ourselves. But God calls us to act differently. That's why so many good stories have elements of sacrifice

    They remind us that letting go of  ourselves, and our own interests is noble, and good. They stir something inside our souls that God built into us. And if we let them, stories of sacrifice can connect us to the atoning death of Jesus Christ on the cross.

    I wonder if the person who put this scripture art together was having similar thoughts. It would seem logical to me.

     Thank you for listening to my random ramblings. I hope they encourage you, (or amuse you, if nothing else).  If you have exciting thoughts on story and theme and Jesus, please comment! I'd love to hear from you. I'll be back tomorrow with a top five list- because who doesn't love a good list?

Keep on glowing in the dark,
Elora

No comments:

Post a Comment