Friday, January 2, 2015

Top-5 Thursday- Interesting Sci-Fi Movies Coming Out in 2015

 
Hello again everyone! I hope you had a merry Christmas, and that 2015 is going well for you so far. Sorry this post is so late. I was busy practicing my sweet hoverboard moves and getting my license to pilot a flying car. If you run into time between your awesome 2015 adventures, and decide you want to see a movie, I have compiled a list of sci-fi movies coming out this year that I think look interesting.

Here it is!
5. Tomorrowland-


Now, I don’t think I’m going to see this movie in the theaters, but I do want to see it at some point. I’m not expecting it to be a blockbuster hit, or a great movie, (you never know; it may surprise me), but I am drawn to the space age aesthetic of the film. And, Tomorrowland has always been my favorite part of Disneyland.

4. Jurassic World-


As bad of an idea as actually opening Jurassic Park is, this movie may still have potential. A little genetic engineering, a lot of great soundtrack. I’m up for it. At least there will be cool dinosaurs.

3. Chappie-


This looks to be one of the more intellectual sci-fi movies of the year. We’ve explored the idea of creating life and consciousness before, but it is always a fascinating study. I’m not prepared to agree with the messages, morals,and meanings presented in this movie, but they could lead to good thought and discussion.

2. Avengers: Age of Ultron-


I, for one, enjoy rogue AI stories. And Avengers movies. I am very excited for this.

1. Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens-


If you’ve been following the blog on Facebook at all, you know how excited I am for this movie. When I first heard that Disney bought Star Wars and was going to make more movies, I thought it was a practical joke for two weeks. Then, I was mad. Then, I went back and forth between thinking Abrams could make a great Star Wars movie, and worrying he would mess it up, (like Star Trek. Wait, did I just say that out loud? Oops…). Now, I’m mostly just excited. Whatever skepticism we Star Wars fans may have over this movie, I know we are all going to squeal like fangirls when that music starts and the opening scroll appears onscreen.

So, what do you think? What are you planning to see this year? What are you planning to avoid? And, what did you think were the best movies of 2014? Let me know in the comments!
Keep on glowing in the dark,
Elora

No comments:

Post a Comment